Accessing the library's electronic resources at home. Is that possible? Sure: through a “virtual tunnel” you reach the university network. The vpn client is best. Now you only have to log in with your ZIM account. Immediately you can use licensed ebooks, ejournals and databases at home on your computer or on the go via smartphone app.
Step by Step into the university network
- Go to: https://vpn.uni-wuppertal.de (web-based VPN)
- Login to your account. You will need your ZIM username and password:
- Students of the BUW: studentnumber and password
- Staff of the BUW: username and password
- Download the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client and install the software on your PC.
- Then log off from the web-based VPN.
- From now on you can always connect directly to the university network via the VPN client. Registration is the same as with the web-based VPN. So you can use the licensed electronic ressources at home or on the go. Finally, disconnect from the university network.
We recommend the use of the VPN client, since not all offers of the library are available via web-based VPN.