The University Library of Wuppertal owns the literary estate of the Irish author and actor Walter Macken (3 May 1915 – 22 April 1967).
Content of the Macken Archive
The Macken Archive contains 170 folders.
- manuscripts, typescripts, filmscripts of the published material
- 11 novels
- 7 dramas
- several volumes of short stories
- 2 books for young people
- unpublished material – short stories, correspondances etc.
- reviews on Macken's work
- photos, drawings, contracts etc.
Access to the Macken Archive
The archive is situated in one of our closed stacks.
- In order to consult the Macken Archive, you have to contact the library. Your contact person is Kristina Frank.
- Please tell us which papers you are interested in and would like to view. In the catalogue which corresponds to the order of the material contained in the archived boxes, you will find the relevant box.
- The requested papers will then be provided in Departmental Library 2. You may inspect them under the supervision of our library staff. In addition further regulations for using our special collections apply.
- In order to publish any material of the manuscripts you require the permission of the director of the University Library.